GROUPS AND RENTAL INFORMATION
What do I bring to camp?
How much spending money should I send with my camper?
There is no specific answer for that. Meals* and required activities are included in the camp registration. Spending money is only “needed” for optional items. A general list of optional activities include:
- Lake Day – $3
- Paint ball – $10
- T-shirts & Novelties in camp store – varies
- Coffee Shop – all drinks $3
- Snack Shop (candy, snacks, drinks) – most are $1.
- Snack Shop Ice Cream – $2-$3
*excludes special dietary requirements.
What should I do for a special dietary need?
Is there anything I'm not allowed to bring?
Is there a dress code?
Recreational Dress: Loose-fitting, hand width above the knee length or longer shorts; loose-fitting pants or capris; modest, loose-fitting tops. No tank tops of any kind.
Bathing suits: One-piece swimsuit, or “tankini” style suit that meets in the middle.
Recreational Dress: No muscle shirts of any kind.
Swimwear: Boxer type swim suit.
Please avoid clothing with any inappropriate advertising.
*We reserve the right to request a change in any clothing or behavior deemed inappropriate.
What are the camp's expectations for camper conduct and behavior?
When do we swim?
Is there boating on the grounds?
Does the camp have a First-Aid station?
What happens if I lose something? Is there a lost and found policy?
Register for camp today!
Teaching in the outdoors can be an incredibly rewarding experience for educators, and it is a terrific way to reach and teach all students. By using Camp Calvary as your classroom, you will help your students make a connection with the natural world while making your lessons hands-on and fun.
Outdoor classrooms are...
- Camp Calvary provides all of its campers and guests with a positive outdoor experience while still offering access to modern necessities.
Outdoor classrooms can...
- Be never-ending sites for inquiry-based science
- Address the different learning styles of students
- Be developed into habitats for wildlife
- Be used for reading circles, creative writing and observation
- Weave content areas together
Students outdoors will...
- Transform information and knowledge into experiences and skills
- Explore their world, generating new ideas and creating drama toward learning
- explore patterns, cycles, and change over time
- escape from walls that are barriers to learning
PDA (Public Displays of Affection)
- Modest and appropriate is the standard. Please no clothing with inappropriate, questionable or offensive logos, pictures or messages.
- Shorts are permissible but should not be more than a hand’s width above the knee.
- Shoes need to be worn at all times.
- Swimsuits – Boxer type suits for boys/men and one piece or tankinis for girls/women. Please wear cover ups to and from the pond/pool.
Pond and Pool
- A Camp Calvary certified lifeguard must be on duty prior to anyone entering.
- All persons in the pond must wear a life vest.
Lights Out and Curfew
Practical jokes that include water and/or shaving cream or other such substances are not permitted in or around the cabins or any buildings. The soccer field can be used for such things.
- Offensive language or swearing is not acceptable.
- The use of cigarettes, tobacco, alcohol, illegal narcotics, fireworks and firearms are prohibited.
- The entire camp facility is a smoke-free environment.
Make your reservation today!
- Five-day Camps (Monday –Friday)-June-August – require paying for 175 campers minimum.
- Weekend Camps (Fri/Sat or Fri-Sun) in June – August – require paying for 100 campers minimum.
Sept - Mid May Retreats and Summer Weekends
- $25.00 per person per day – partial or full day
- $8.00 per person per meal
June - August (5 Day Camps)
Paint Ball Outings
- Outside Course – $25 per person – Price includes, marker, mask, CO2 tank, lunch and six hours time slot.
- Paintballs cost $5 per 100, $20 per 500 and $55 per case of 2000.
- Indoor Course – $15 per person – Includes marker, mask, CO2 tank, paintballs are re-usable and two hour time slot